Recently, the hospitality industry has undergone significant changes. The continuous development of tourist activity has led to increased competition in this area, and the growth of competition has led to increased requirements for the quality of hospitality.
Today, guests of any hotel expect a high level of service, choosing a place to stay largely based on feedback from previous visitors. Thus, the hotel management is faced with the task of ensuring this high standard. Satisfaction directly depends on the hospitality and politeness of the staff, the comfort of the room, the absence of complaints about cleaning and equipment, etc.
Factors influencing the quality of service in hotels
Hospitality as a criterion cannot be measured quantitatively, but a qualitative assessment of guest satisfaction is possible. It consists of the following factors:
- The state of the material and technical base of the hotel. This factor combines everything related to equipment, location and facilities: the layout and finish of the rooms, the availability of the necessary appliances, the comfortable furniture, the quality of the textiles, etc.
- Printing of the service. Frequency and quality of room cleaning, convenience of check-in and check-out, payment methods, presence of WiFi for watching movies or trying out online game evening, etc.
- Professionalism and competence of staff. The speed of service, courtesy, willingness to help, level of culture in communication.
The most important factor in modern hotels is service quality management, which includes the development and implementation of quality standards, staff training, control, correction and improvement of service in all the nuances of the hotel.
Negative factors that hinder the creation of a positive impression should not be overlooked. One of these factors is the conservatism inherent in hotel management in general. It is the cause of a drop in the quality of service and generates such problems:
- Lack of a uniform service standard. Different employees serve customers differently, which can only affect customer satisfaction.
- Lack of two-way communication between employees and management. Employee feedback is rarely taken into account. Often, management is not even aware of specific issues and takes no action to correct those issues.
- Not understanding the real causes of problems is another negative factor. If the true cause of a service deficiency is not discovered, there is no means and no effective remedy for that deficiency.
- Lack of appropriate response to customer complaints – when complaints arise, management strategy often becomes a blame game, rather than analyzing cause and effect and improving the service process.
- Manage employees rather than the entire organization. A successful business has a management system that is not tied to a specific manager.
These factors are the result of conservative management policies that no longer seem effective. To avoid service quality issues and therefore eliminate the risk of financial loss, you need to keep up with the times and aim for maximum customer satisfaction – only then is profitability possible.
How to improve standards
Improving the quality of service is based on the following factors:
- Know the “weaknesses” of the service and solve them in advance to avoid customer complaints.
- Increased customer satisfaction.
- Proper employee motivation.
- Improving the efficiency of enterprise management.
- Reduce the number of internal and external breakdowns. Negative opinion of the hotel, distrust of the quality of the services provided, unforeseen expenses for troubleshooting and repair of equipment, etc.
The ability to see and understand customer needs is the most important component of success. Increasing customer loyalty is a laborious and difficult task, but its successful solution becomes the key to business profitability.
The hotel business is focused on customer satisfaction and strives to exceed customer expectations. Continuous improvement of organizational performance, involvement of staff in overall business objectives, analysis of information and decision-making based on facts help achieve this objective.